Stead-E Calming Supplement is a sophisticated calming complex containing L- Tryptophan, Magnesium, B-Vitamins, Probiotic, and Seaweed.
Stead-E (“Steady”) is formulated to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. The calming complex can be added to the horse’s diet in preparation for an event that may induce stress (show, travelling, breeding etc.), or use it as a longer term aid for horse’s who have an ongoing anxious disposition. A relaxed horse will respond better to environment stimuli, work more positively and correctly too.
Stead-E contains key components L-Tryptophan and Magnesium (Oxide and Amino Acid Chelate), but also considers the body’s role in processing these key components for best efficacy.
• L-Tryptophan is a building-block from which Serotonin can be manufactured in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter and, in the brain, acts to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
• Magnesium and Vitamin B1 play roles in the transmission of nervous impulses. Both show to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
• Vitamins B3 & 6 aid the conversion of Tryptophan to Serotonin, which is the neurotransmitter responsible for reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation.
• Vitamin B3 also inhibits the liver from breaking down Tryptophan.
• Manna Oligosaccharides are the dried cell walls of yeasts which clean out pathogenic bacteria. This improves the gut environment where fibre-digesting bacteria thrive, and nutrients can be best absorbed.
• Seaweed offers an array of vitamins and trace minerals. It contributes to improving the horse’s overall health with benefits such as improved immunity and improved thyroid function. Seaweed also has anti-inflammatory and anti- bacterial properties.
• Start Stead-E Calming Supplement 7 days prior to travelling or competition, or as a routine daily supplement to a horse that requires ongoing support.
• To counteract initial low dietary uptake, supplement at double the daily dose for the initial 5 days. Thereafter, proceed with the recommended single dose.
Horses up to 350kg: Feed 20g per day Horses over 350kg: Feed 30g per day
Stead-E is safe to feed long term.
As Stead-E provides a holistic approach in its formulation, an anxious horse’s total environment should be managed too.
• Feed high quality forage and concentrates containing high fat and soluble fibre.
• Feed your horse in a set routine with preferably 3 meals or more a day.
• Offer water and roughage ad lib.
• Balance feed with intensity and quantity of work done.
• Feed low-sugar feeds to prevent insulin responses and stay away from oats, barley and maize.
• Supplement with a high Magnesium supplement.